Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Herf & More

Today we held the March herf and Jared brought a great budget smoke, the Rocky Patel Cargo.  The taste won't blow you away but you'll be hard-pressed to find another low-priced smoke with flavor this good.  I can see this one making it into the everyday rotation for a lot of smokers.

Also during the week, I had a My Father from the folks at Pepin.  CA gave this one a 94, but I didn't get quite that much from it.  Another highly-rated smoke I had recently was the La Armoa Di Cuba Mi Amore.  This was actually CA's number 2 for last year.  Both of these are slotted into the medium-full range, but both felt more like flat medium to me.  Both were a bit woody-tasting with a subtle sweetness with a little bit of leather on the My Father.  I can see why they'd be rated so highly, but they may be a bit too refined for my tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment