Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Couple Week's Worth of Singles

Since the March Herf, I've been sampling the large number of doubles and singles I've picked up at the shops and in sampler packs the past couple of months.  First up, I finally got around to smoking the Alec Bradley Tempus.  This guy got a 94 rating from CA.  The Tempus had a nice, smooth flavor with a lot of woodiness and a very subtle sweetness.  Good, but the Prensado was better.  Not quite a finger-burner, but still very good.

I picked up a Brick House from Up In Smoke a couple of months ago and finally got around to smoking it.  It started out pretty bland and had a very tough draw.  About halfway through, it opened up and I got a bit more flavor out of it but still a bit disappointing.  CA named this a Top 25 of 2010 but I can't see how with the experience I had.  I may try another just to give it a second shot.

I also had a Cain F Nub.  Medium to full in body, it had a bit of a leathery and spicy flavor to it.  It wasn't bad, but not my cup of tea.  There was also the Victor Sinclair 10th Anniversary churchill, a Dominican puro with a noticeable peppery and woody flavor.  Nothing spectacular, but not bad, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment