Monday, March 5, 2012

A Handful of Singles

The Old Man sent me a Padilla Series '68 recently.  It was a good, full-bodied smoke with heavy earth and wood flavors to it.  Not something I'd normally pick for myself, but still a good cigar with a lot of flavor.

Another recent smoke was the Alec Bradley Family Blend.  The torpedo T11 nabbed a 94-rating from CA and it's easy to see why after smoking the robusto size.  This one was fantastic with a great leather and wood quality to it.

I met a couple of the guys at Taboo Cigars the other night for a smoke and drink.  Evidently, I was there for a good long while because I got through three new sticks that I've been really looking forward to for awhlie.

First was the Nub Maduro.  Maybe my expectations were a little too high, but I wasn't too impressed with this short and stubby guy.  The flavor was more on the medium to mild side that didn't impress me as much as some of the other medium maduros I've had in the past.  Maybe the double maduro (Nub Dub) will present more flavor.  One of these days, we'll find out.

Then I burned through the fantastic Partagas Black Label.  Nearly oozing oils, it had a great, full flavor that I absolutely loved.  A little less expensive than the Espresso, but still out of my normal price range unless Joe's has a special.  A definite finger-burner.

I finished up the night with the Graycliffe Espresso which was outstanding and reminded me a lot of the Alec Bradley Black Market.  A slightly sweet, medium to full flavor with a great, leathery wrapper.  I loved this one but the price will keep me from indulging too often.  But it does get the finger-burner distinction.

No comments:

Post a Comment