Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gorging on Gurkhas and More

Since the last update I've been snatching up so many good deals that I've had to upgrade my humidor already.  I'm now rocking a mid-size, 100-stick box that is already approaching the full mark.  I've stocked the new cedar with a bunch of old favorites but have also left room for some new stuff.  Here's what I've tried so far.

Gurkha continues to rank high on my list of favorite cigar-makers.  The Gurkha Black Dragon Fury is a great full-bodied maduro that may just be the best I've had from Gurkha.  Following close behind that is the Gurkha Doble Maduro also with a good, full-bodied taste.  Both are almost dripping with oils and both earn the finger-burner distinction.  Next was the Gurkha Master Select, a good medium to full-bodied smoke with a smooth flavor that works well as an every day smoke.

In addition to the Gurkhas, I picked up a pack of CAO VR.  A heavy-hitting flavor with a lot of spice and bursting with oils.

2 comments:

  1. The Black Dragon Fury is probably the best Gurkha I have smoked. Looking at the link for the Doble Maduro, I believe I've smoked that one before also, but it has been a while.

    Traditionally I haven't been a big Gurkha fan, mostly because their prices in a retail store are usually high, and also because the selection you can find online is "here today, gone tomorrow" many times, making it hard to find a good vitola that you can find again next month. However, if that Fury is a taste of the newer flavors they have, I might have to give them another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Article…. But i bought Gurkha Cigars From Cigars Direct, They have Quality Collection, one more important thing buy from only Quality cigars providers.

    ReplyDelete