Sunday, December 18, 2011

Commie Herf

The December Herf, dubbed the Commie Herf was this past weekend.  Here's a run-down of what the gang brought:

Alec Bradley Black Market from Jape.  This one was fan-freakin'-tastic.  A slow-burning, full-bodied maduro was packed with flavor and a wonderful aroma.  It lasted me a good two hours and I was still disappointed when it was gone.  It definitely earned the finger-burner distinction.  Great choice, Jape!

From Baker, we got the Oliva Serie 'V'.  The narrow gauge of the 7 by 38 Lancero took a little work to enough smoke out of, but it seemed to concentrate the flavor a bit more.  I haven't been impressed with the flat flavor of the other Oliva's I've smoked, but this one was much better.

Greenie brought the Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon.  The RP started off a little on the 'meh' side but after about half an inch, it got really good.  The smoke was dense and smooth but still quite flavorful.

Jared brought the Ashton Aged Maduro, another great choice.  A great, oily wrapper with so much flavor, I wanted to eat it like a candy bar.  The smoke was smooth and medium in body with a hint of chocolate that made it great for after dinner.

Finally, Bong supplied a Fuente Anejo.  I've already gushed over this one, so I'll spare you the repeat.  Nice one, Bong!

No offense to the rest of the gang, but Jape won the day.  I liked the Anejo better, but since I'd already discovered that one, I gotta give the nod to the Black Market for being so damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment