Thursday, December 8, 2011

Full-Bodied Beauties

The December Herf is coming up soon. Dubbed the Commie Herf, everyone brings a cigar for everyone else, so we all get a little "sampler" out the deal.  I'm bringing the Ave Maria Crusader.  This was a good cigar with a great, full-bodied flavor (I snagged an extra for myself after reading about it) and was adorned with the best-looking rings I've seen on a cigar.  I'll report back on what the others bring as I smoke them.

But the star of this post is the Fuente Anejo.  I picked up a couple of these on the advice of Jape and enjoyed the hell out of it.  With a Connecticut Maduro wrapper aged in cognac barrels, it had a great, full flavor that remained smooth from the start to the nub.  This one I'm dubbing a finger-burner as it remained so good for so long that I smoked it until it scorched the hairs on my fingers.  As much as I want to smoke the other, I'm not sure I'm ready to cope with it being gone.  Expensive but man was it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment