Friday, December 2, 2011

Maduro Madness

I picked up Cigar International's Black Friday Maduro Sampler.  Here's how each one broke down.
  • Gurkha Regent Toro - Gurkha continues to make the case for my favorite cigar-maker.  The Regent was brimming with creamy flavor.  Loved it.
  • CAO Brazilia Gol! - A nice, oily wrapper with a ton of flavor, though I had to work it a little more than some due to a less than perfect draw.
  • Cu-Avana Intenso Torpedo - Strong and peppery.  Not bad if you like that type, but a bit much for my tastes.
  • Diesel Unholy Cocktail - Decent flavor but a bit more spice than I generally like.
  • Bahia Maduro No. 2 Torpedo - Didn't get much from this one.  It wasn't bad, but not as flavorful as some of the others in this list.
  • La Estrella Cubana ’E’ - This one wasn't bad, but it didn't leave the impression on me that some of the others did.
  • La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Toro - CI calls this one full-bodied, but I didn't get much flavor from it.  It wasn't bad, but not the best of this lot.
  • Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Belicoso Maduro - This one was disappointing.  Not much flavor, tough to keep lit, uneven burn.  I've heard good things about this cigar, so maybe I got unlucky.
There were a few others that I smoked but I forgot to note my thoughts on them.  The Gurkha and the CAO were the top of this batch.  The rest were in the "meh" range.

No comments:

Post a Comment