Sunday, November 27, 2011

November Herf & More

The smoke I took to the November Herf was the Gurkha Micro-Batch C-10.  It was great.  The 7" 48-gauge Churchill took three-quarters of a football game to finish.  It had a great, smooth flavor and the aroma is sure to either make you extremely popular or get you kicked out of the bar.

A few other smokes I've had leading up to the herf included a superb Tatuaje El Triunfador that was pricey, but a great medium-bodied treat.  Then there was the 5 Vegas Gold with its mild but flavorful smoke.  Although it isn't new to me, I've also had a few Macanudo Cafes.  A friend described these are "Golf Cigars" because they aren't as flashy or special.  That's one of the things I liked about them.  They had a good, simple taste that is great for every day smoking.  Finally there was the Oliva Connecticut Reserve, another mild offering but without the flavor of the 5 Vegas or Macanudo.

Oh, and on a whim, I decided to try one of Drew Estate's infused ACID cigars, specifically the Kuba Kuba variety.  Not my cup of tea.  It had a very strong smell that seemed more like an effeminate mens' cologne than a cigar and the taste wasn't much better.  Frankly, it was a waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment