Saturday, October 29, 2011

WTF Does Herf Mean?

I had never heard the word 'herf' used until invited to one by some guys at work.  Anyone who stumbles across this blog that doesn't know what the word means, here's yer answer.  Typically, when I use it, I'm referring to the monthly gatherings with a group consisting mostly of co-workers.  Each month, one member of the group picks up a box of smokes for the whole group, and we get together for a shared smoke.  Occasionally, someone who isn't officially part of the groups comes along with their own smokes, a role I filled for a couple of gatherings before being invited to join the regulars.

It's custom for the new member to provide the smokes for his first month in the group, so I'm up for November. My selection was Gurkha's Micro-Batch C10.  Hopefully they don't suck as I'm not sure what the penalty for bringing a crap cigar is.  Probably something unpleasant involving a guillotine cutter.

The picture is just an excuse to show off my newbie humidor.

No comments:

Post a Comment