Saturday, October 29, 2011

Herf Sampler Part II

The third entry from the batch obtained from Jape at the October herf was a Nica Libre torpedo.  It started a bit closer to a full-body than medium but mellowed out about a third of the way in.  I got the earthy and peppery taste described by CI but didn't catch the chocolate hint until I got a whiff of the exhale.  A good cigar, but not something I'd smoke everyday.

5 Vegas 'A' has a smooth, full flavor with a bit of spice to it that got even better as I got to the end. The draw on this was great and provided so much smoke that I had to hold back a bit on each puff.

The last of the herf sampler was the Bahia Trinidad.  It started a bit harsh, but a couple of inches into this torpedo, it smoothed out.  I picked up the slight cedar flavor but didn't get much else from it and I was only drinking water.  My palate needs some training, I think.  The draw was great and produced a good bit of smoke, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment