Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June Herf

Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary was the June Herf selection.  A good, smooth smoke with a lot of flavor, but other than a subtle sweetness, I couldn't name any specific flavors.  A very complex and tasty smoke but at the price, not something I'd get very often.

Macanudo Cru Royale was one I got from Farnk. I could taste the basic profile of the Macanudo Cafe blend but turned up a few notches.  I would have liked it a lot more if I had smoked it 9 months ago when I was first moving from mild to more full-bodied cigars.  Its a good stepping stone from the mild smokes like the Cafe to the heavier flavors I've been enjoying for a while now.  It wasn't bad, and I'd recommend it to new smokers who are looking to move up from the mild stuff, but not something I'll seek out for myself again.

La Aurora is one I've had before but didn't think much of it.  I gave it another try recently and found it much more to my liking this time.  The 43-ring Lonsdale burned a little hot, but provided a mild to medium flavor with hints of wood, spice, and a subtle nuttiness to it.  Definitely good for those times I want something other than the typical maduros I smoke.

Alec Bradley American Classic Blend was a very good mild smoke with a lot of flavor to it.  Slightly sweet and woody with a good nutty flavor.  A good smoke for a mild and at a price that see it gaining a regular spot in the humidor.  The folks at Alec Bradley have another hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment